Monday, November 8, 2010

The Five Stages of Thanksgiving Devastation.

I love my potatoes.

Today's revelation was devastating.

Here's what happened:

It's November. I'm not eating potatoes all month. What's in November? Thanksgiving. THANKSGIVING. The biggest food-gorging extravaganza of the year. No one can say a thing as you throw food into your mouth so fast you resemble a chipmunk foraging for winter. Sweatpants are the functional fashion favorite as you sit around with family, all of you as stuffed as a glad bag that a family of fourteen has in their kitchen. Food comas strike hard, and the soundtrack to any parade or football game you may be watching becomes filled with the snores of the fallen.

Revelation:

I...can't...eat potatoes on this most magical and holy day of days.




So it hit me. The five stages of Thanksgiving Devastation.

Denial.

Anger.
inspired by Hyperbole and a Half, thank ya! :D

Bargaining.

Depression.

Acceptance.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

At least I'm thankful for science.

Height: 5'0" of precious wonder.
Weight: the 126 lbs. of a master swordsman.

Also, had the fam over for Bomberman Night tonight. :) (Hence a shorter post.) We made cookies. I thought I'd share.
 Deceptively small.

 Note the awesome huge fuse on that bomb.
 ...they exploded.

 Delicious.

Complete with gameplay. :)

C is for Cookie,

Rini

No comments:

Post a Comment